BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Prior to your arrival you need to ensure the following:
- An application has been submitted via our website (click here)
- Documentation has been provided. If you are a student, this will be a confirmation of your study status. For non students, this may include proof of employment/income
- Your holding deposit has been paid and you have received confirmation
- You have advised us of your arrival date and time at least one week prior to arrival
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
All you need to bring are your personal belongings, bed linen, crockery/cutlery, cooking utensils, pillow, towels and food.
Upon arrival you will be required to:
- Sign a Rooming Accommodation Agreement (Form R18)
- Sign a Bond Lodgement (Form 2), if applicable
- Take a Condition Report (Form R1) for your allocated room or unit to complete and return back to our office within 7 days
Once all of the above has occurred you will then be issued with your room key.
Arrivals should be scheduled during office hours (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm). If you are unable to arrange your arrival during office hours please contact us.
N.B. For shared accommodation there may be tenants already residing in your allocated unit on arrival.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- At least 7 days prior to your departure, advise us of your departure date and time (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm) by completing a Resident Leaving Form (Form 13) available from the office or via the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) website.
(After hours departures are by appointment only and may incur a charge of $50)
- Collect a “Departure Inspection Checklist” for completion from the office or request one via email. This will be required at your departure inspection.
- Locate your Condition Report (Form R1) (originally completed on arrival, a copy may be obtained from the Student Village office)
- Locate your “Confirmation of Rental Bond” received from the RTA
- Arrange transfer of your internet/phone service (if required)
- Arrange for your mail to be redirected by Australia Post (if required)
- Arrange for your carpets to be cleaned to a professional standard. The office can assist with this service
- On the day of your departure ensure your room/unit is clean and all personal belongings are removed
- Complete the “Departure Checklist” and have it available for the departure inspection
- Contact our office to arrange a departure inspection and be present at your unit for the inspection
- Finalise any outstanding requests from your departure inspection (excess cleaning charges may be applied for units and rooms left in an unacceptable condition)
- Ensure doors of your room/unit are locked, lights and appliances not in use are turned off
- Return keys to the office to finalise your account and complete your Refund of Rental Bond (Form 4). You will require your Australian bank account details